Formula Student Challenge 2016
Formula Student (FS) is an engineering-led competition for teams of students, drawn from world-wide universities, who are challenged to design and build a single-seat racing car.
This annual competition, which takes place at Silverstone, is Europe’s most established educational motorsport event. It is run by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, with backing from industry and support from a wide range of high profile engineers. The competition aims to inspire and develop the next generation of innovative and enterprising engineers.
The single-seat racing cars designed and developed by each competing University are assessed in a series of static and dynamic events that demonstrate both the commercial accumen of their students, and the performance of their vehicle.
Formula Student is the leading European competition for undergraduates who look for ‘hands on’ engineering experience in a demanding ‘race team’ environment.
The annual FS competition is important for students because it is:
- a high-performance engineering project that is highly regarded by universities;
- viewed by the motorsport industry as the standard for engineering graduates to meet, helping them transition from university to the workplace;
- a well established ‘kite-mark’ for real-world engineering experience;
- a fun and engaging opportunity to work in a team to deliver a working race car that is then driven at Silverstone in competition with hundreds of teams from around the world.
Discover MMU Racing
In leading Formula Student, the mission of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers is to excite and encourage young people to take up a career in engineering. It seeks to challenge university students to conceive, design, build, cost, present and compete as a team in a series of static and dynamic competitions.Read More
- Ongoing contact with the next generation of talented, young engineers.
- Increased brand awareness through prominent positioning within a large student community.
- The opportunity to engage in a long term relationship with The School of Engineering, over 1300 students and 90 academics.
- Visible advertising inside one of countries largest Universities.
Latest PostsAll Posts
Yesterday, the team travelled down to Westminster, London for the 'Learn to Win 2015' event at the IMechE headquarters.
With exclusive talks from special guests such as David Brabham and companies such as Mathworks, the MMU Racing team had plenty of tips to take away from the event to bring to Silverstone in 2016. Our team leader Ollie being interviewed by @IMechE during the #Learn2Win2016 event #FS2016 pic.twitter.com/8qHkkQAFch — MMU Formula Student (@MMURacing) October […]Read More
The new year is underway and we are looking for first year engineering students to join the team. We meet every Wednesday at 1pm in the John Dalton building in Manchester Metropolitan university. E315.
I you are interested feel free to come along, or visit our Team page for member's contact details if you have any questions.